Everything musical :D

Okay so first if all hello !! It's been a hell lot of time since I last posted, yes I do realise I say that before every post :| so nothing much is new, everything is going smooth in my life, calm waters are here, the storms are long gone. My senior year in high school/12 grade started recently, therefore lot of work and no time. Anyway since I haven't done a music post in a while, today I'm doing everything musical. A few album reviews from last year and this year, song ratings, recommendations, news about new upcoming albums and other stuff. Cool eh? Also I started a fan page account based on three bands on instagram, it's a joint account with two of my closest friends, both of who, are bloggers :P ID: @republicanstormermonkeys . Follow if you love Bastille, Arctic monkeys and One Republic. These three bands are also the main focus of today's post. So here we go.
Top three albums of 2013 (that I'm still in love with in 2014):
Yes I'm aware I'm four months late but well, at least I'm doing one :)
The best album I have to say was AM by British indie rock band Arctic Monkeys. I do wanna say Bastille, beacause I'm partial towards them but I will talk about them being second on top 3 later.
So AM is pretty much a 5 starrer album with no doubt. Every song is amazing, as expected, Arctic Monkeys never really disappoint. Let's all take a minute to acknowledge his EPIC speech at the Brits2014, i mean seriously can Alex Turner get any cooler?
1. Album name: AM.  (12 songs)
Average time per song: 3:00-4:30 minutes
Song lists and ratings:
1. Do I wanna know? (My favorite one on the album- 5 /5 stars)
2. One for the road. (4/5)
3. Arabella. (Oh this one sticks in your mind like a leech alrite 5/5)
4. I want it all
5. No. 1 party Anthem (no it's not a dance song 3.75/5)
6. Mad sounds (no you dirty mided scoundrels :P it's about love :) 4/5)
7. Fireside (
8. Why'd you only call me when you're high? ( 4.5/5 )
9. R U mine ( are you miiiiiehehene 4.5/5)
10. Snap out of it. ( 3/5)
11. Knee socks.
12. I wanna be yours ( I wanna be your vacuum cleaner, breathe in your dust, sure Alex of course you can *_* 4.5/5 )

Both Bastille and One Republic hold place two for album of the year, with Bad Blood and Native respectively. So its actually top 2 :P
First let's deal with my favorite band Bastille. I've done a post on them before so you can check my post history for more info. Its their first official album and they've gained a lot of popularity this year, well deserved of course. Even though its their first they have proved they didn't just get lucky but are definitely here to stay for a long time. Album rating overall is a 4.5/5 
2. Album name: Bad blood 
Average time per song: 2:50-4:00mins 
Genre: Alternative 
13 songs 
1.Pompeii (holds a special place on my heart :) 5/5)
2. Things we lost in the fire (I was the match and you were the rock, 5/5)
3. Bad blood ( the main track, definitely holds the album name, 4.5/5)
4. Overjoyed (4/5)
5. These streets (3.5/5)
6. Wt of living Pt 2 (3/5)
7. Icarus (the classic mythic story told in alternative , 4.5/5)
8. Oblivion. (This is beautiful, 5/5)
9. Flaws ( dans way of saying fill it at 'fillet' is too cute, 4/5)
10. Daniel in the den ( another mythic tale with beautiful music 3.5/5)
11. Laura palmer ( named after the famous twin peeks character, 5/5)
12. Get home (3/5)
13. Wt of living pt 1 hidden track (3/5)
They also released bonus tracks under the album All This Bad Blood:- total songs 25(13+12bonus)
1. Poet (3/5)
2. The silence (3/5)
3. Haunt (demo) ( my favourite part is the music at exactly around 2:00 minutes, 4/5)
4. Sleep song (3/5)
5. Durban skies (3/5)
6. Laughter lines (4/5)
7. Previously on other peoples heartache
8. Off the night (4.5/5)
9. What would you do (4/5)
10. Skulls (4/5)
11. Tuning out
12. The draw (3.5/5)
Also check out their mixed tapes Other Peoples Heartache pt 1&2.the reason why they are tied and at two and not on number one is simply because this is their first album, and the bonus tracks are pretty good but not as good as the main track, yet they have managed to be my favourite band because they are amazing young souls with incredible talent, they deserve much more recognition, their music is hauntingly beautiful and so is Dans voice.
Now coming to the second band that hold place two on my amateur rating is American band One Republic. Their album Native is by far one of the best with majority songs touching your heart, and yet they were given absolutely no recognition this year. Frustrating.
Artist: One Republic
Album: Native
Average time per song : 3-4minutes
List:
1. Counting stars ( a constant on top charts counting a lot of dollars, 5/5)
2. If I lose myself (best song 5/5)
3. Feel again (3/5)
4. What you wanted (4/5)
5. I lived (4/5)
6. Light it up (3.5/5)
7. Can't stop (5/5)
 8. Au revoir (gives you goosebumps 5/5)
9. Burning bridges (4/5)
10. Something I need (3/5)
11. Preacher
12. Don't look down
Deluxe version : 17 (12+5 extras)
1. Don't look down.
2. Something's gotta give ( I think they were high during this one 3/5)
3. Acoustics-
-if I lose myself
-what you wanted
-burning bridges
New albums of this year :
Foster the people 
Album name : supermodel
Total tracks : 11 
Heard: 4
1. Coming of age (4/5)
2. Best friends (4/5)
3. Pseudologia fantastica (3/5)
4. Goats in trees ( slow but nice 3/5)
I will update this album as soon as I have the album.
Guess what our worldwide favorite band Coldplay has finally released a new album called 'ghost stories' till now only two tracks have been officially been released while the other tracks are available on preorder on iTunes. I'm guessing this album will be amazing firstly because it's coldplay, secondly because Chris Martin just separated from long time parter Gyeneth Paltrow, which was heartbreaking for not just them but their fans too. Why this would be a reason for a good album? I know it sounds sadistic but well coldplay has always had heart touching make you cry kinda songs, i strongly think songs born of heartbreak are way more beautiful than songs born of love. So that's why
Album name: ghost stories 
Heard:2 
1. Magic (5/5)
2. Midnight (3/4)
Also a new song by One Republic has been leaked on the internet, I'm not sure if it's a single or part of anew album yet, but nevertheless the song called '"love runs out" is amazing! So make sure you check it out.
A few more Recommended artists are : London Grammer, Aqualung.
So that's it for today.if you reached till here well good job :). Ouch my hands hurt. This was a very long post I know. But all the above albums are must tries. So till next time, Buh bye! Enjoy the music :) 


Comments

Popular Posts