It's time to talk about this.

Its 1am. I have loads of chemistry to do but f that because I want to talk about another kind of chemistry.
Last week a college friend of mine came over and we spent time talking about everything in the world. We came upon the conversation that hits many of us everyday.
Love. I don't even know how to begin. Let's start with what she said. She said to me that she doesn't quite think real love exists. The kind that you can feel in the vibes that the couple gives off, when they stare into each others eyes with the kind of understanding we will never begin to fathom. Deep down I agreed. I don't see it either. But I didn't tell her that. I wanted to believe it exists. I wanted to believe that I will find it too. But me and love are a whole different story, let's not go there.
Just a couple of hours ago one of my friends was telling me about the girl he likes. She was still not over her ex and my friend clearly thought he had no chance.
This girl, like countless others thinks her ex was perfect. Let me tell you, you newly broken hearted girls, he wasn't. Or she wasn't. You weren't either. No body is.
Now I've seen countless people talk about their exes, craving them and regretting their break up.
What do they do about it? NOTHING. they crib and cry and crib and cry.
And then they call it love.
LISTEN TO ME. SOMEONE LISTEN. you are a freaking teenager. You claim to understand love when 99% of your actions, thoughts and desires are fueled by the monster called hormone.
There might be people my age who actually do love but I have barely seen any. Maybe one or two. Maybe. But honestly no one values it.
If you've watched sex and the city and seen Carrie and big through the season you'll know what love is.
its supposed to be crazy and inconvenient. A feeling so strong that you can't even imagine being away from them. It should be so inconvenient and infuriating yet it should feel convenient and peaceful. It should be hard work but never seem like work. He will make you cry your heart out sometimes and you will scream your pain but the laughter that echoes because of his silly jokes should be louder than your cry and your screams. but they aren't anymore. They are lost in the seams of time. There is no essence, no hunger, no passion its just a habit. Its becoming a bad habit.
I see people just complaining and crying about fights. Then taking "breaks" to figure it out. Then breaking up multiple times whilst hooking up randomly and then getting back together claiming they are inseparable. Claiming they love each other. NO. PLEASE NO. ITS NOT.
it breaks my heart seeing my friends chasing people who are not worth it. Don't chase someone because they are good looking, because they are funny, because they like the same things as you, because they agree with you, because they are perfect. No. Perfection is an illusion that is harboured by the imperfect. Which is all of us.
Chase someone who fits into the missing piece of you, its really that simple. Who fills the void you carry around. Its not about who deserves who, whose perfect or not, whose good or bad. It doesn't matter. Chase some one whose first sight made you stumble so hard that you hit your head and came across an excruciating  pain that you are willing to feel again just for another glimpse at their beautiful soul. Someone whose voice intrigues you so much that you need to hear it as much as you can, whose mind is a jigsaw puzzle you can spend a lifetime solving.
And please don't call attraction, friendship , infatuation, obsession and a crush , love . This is why no one gets the real concept anymore. Its gonna become an unsolved mystery. Love will become unknown. And that scares me.
Find it. Find your goddamn light, find the darkness, the hunger, the passion.
Where is the love gone?




Comments

  1. Wow. Just awesome. I'm speechless. Your take on love isn't what people of our age have and I have to painfully admit that its absolutely true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello anonymous(if only I could address you otherwise?)
      Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad someone understands

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts