Dan Brown.

My childhood memories have a deep connection with growing up reading books and I very well recall that the two authors I read the most , who also happened to be in very different genres were J.K Rowling and Dan Brown.
When a girl like me, whose had her imagination open up its doors to thoughts I never knew even existed after reading books by Dan brown, hears that he is coming to my city for an annual penguin lecture, I quite obviously faint.
Yes. Dan Brown. The legendary author of our time came to my city. Mumbai.
I cannot begin to explain the happiness and excitement I've carried for the last seven days. And today I finally saw him, the man who is on my bucket list and my "meet before you die " list. 
He is exactly how he seems in interviews, newspaper articles and the same as the reflection of him in his books.
Witty, smart, quick with responses, incredibly hilarious and very very humble. Hearing him speak about science and religion was definitely the most enlightening and inspiring expectancy I've ever had. 
I really wanted to meet him, in fact while the entire hall was busy leaving I was running downstairs towards the back stage but they wouldn't let anyone in. About 20 of us stayed and waited for about 15-20 minutes and argued that we deserve to go in and get an autograph , even just initials "db" on our books. Unfortunately they wouldn't let us in and kind of almost called security when we didn't budge hahah. 
But I guess this kind of pushed me to another possible reality of the future that I am currently dreaming of, someday I will walk upto Dan brown and tell him how his lecture in 2014 had changed my life and we will discuss books, art, science and faith. We will. I know it.



Comments

Popular Posts