Escape route

So I've mentioned many times how I've been living away from my parents for a few months now. I've gone to the city they stay at now, twice. And both times I've felt an ache when I had to come back. 

I think Ahmedabad is becoming a safe zone of sorts. Everything is so easy there. And leaving it all is so difficult. I don't have to be an adult there, I don't have to overthink everything I do and say and act. I can just be me, without the overbearing limits. There's no complicated feelings, there's no complicated people, there's no cravings, no regrets, no sadness there. There's only peace. 

It's like escaping away, into another world, a quieter, safer world. It's like I'm running away and in know how dangerous the addiction of running away, of escaping can be. 

It feels great sure, but I'm more of just a runner than a fleet-er. Everything is so much better with family around. I'm only getting that now. Sure life is thrilling when I'm on my own, but I don't know. 

It's like being in a pleasangbdream and then walking into a scary movie when I get back. 

Oh well. I guess what I'm trying to say is, appreciate home and family, it can be anywhere and it can be anyone. And they'll be the only anchor you have when your ship is sinking. 

Comments

Popular Posts