Soul mates and giant wheels.


I hadn't seen my best friend, who is currently studying at Cornell in NY, in about four months. And she came back for her winter break today. 

Let me tell you, there is a beauty, a beautiful beauty in seeing your loved ones again. I've come to cherish these moments a lot. It's an overwhelming few seconds to see a face you'd recognize in any crowd in any part of the world and let it sink in that "hey this is real. They're really standing there" . 

In fact I've been reliving this moment again and again this whole month. December. I remember always writing about the magic of December. And it truly gets magical, when you get even a day to spend with family and best friends. I saw my dad for half a day last week and I saw my mom for four hours yesterday. And today, I met my soul sister/my soul mate again. Man. 

But the best part of it all was, that even though I was sleep deprived and tired as shit, while she was jet lagged and in a zombie state, we still managed to spot a Ferris wheel at a local fair and navigate through confusing streets to find this fair, or "Mela".
Somehow we ended up pumping with adrenaline and sitting on one of the seats going round and round and round whilst watching over the pretty lights of the city and the fading color of the sunset sky. 

No kind of high can beat laughing in the middle of the air over bokeh views and chilly winds. That's what I love about old friends and family. Somehow I find a glimpse of my spontaneous side, which is getting rarer each day with these people. And I fucking love spontaneity. And I fucking love December. 






Comments

Popular Posts