Oh, how unaware this world is.

Some days I feel like I wanna shout out and tell the world how happy I am. As if to shout so loud but slow, just like this feeling hasbeen hitting me. 
But other days I realize that there is a beauty in the world's unawareness. There is a kind of magic in having a moment with someone when the whole world is just passing by, ignorant of what you're feeling and thinking. Of how alive you are. Of how the brightness and warmth you feel could light up multiple forest fires in a second. 
Orange hued street lights, stolen glances, smoke and dust, footpaths and lost gardens, spontaneous kisses and walks. And it's all mine. 
A wretched secret, personal on a level that cannot be fathomed. 
I don't think I've ever felt so real. 
How a touch of a hand can make you see yourself in a crowd, in a world where you thought you were merely a shadow passing by. 
All of it, secretly stored in the memory of two very aware beings. 

Comments

  1. I know how that feels. The world being unaware. You want everyone to know how infinite you feel, but you also feel so content to just bathe in it as you watch the nonchalant world pass you by, unaware that you are exploding inside.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts