Cakes and bakes.

It's my parents 27th wedding anniversary and I'm in town to visit them for a short vacation. So I decided to bake after almost a year. After finishing up on making pasta for dinner, I began with my specialty i.e., baking. 
Okay to be honest I'm not that good, sadly I do not have a kitchen to be practicing as regularly as I used to back in high school. Sigh. 
But oh well! I tried a new combination today and thought I'd put it up on my blog. 
It's a Nutella and chocolate cake with whipped cream and cherry sauce topping. 
The cake will easily serve 6 people, it's pretty big. And it tastes incredible! The cake is not too sweet, the whipped cream gives the first bite a softness and the sweet cherry sauce balances it all. 
Clearly I'm not that great at explaining food. Ah well. 

The recipe for the chocolate cake is by @bakewithshivesh, you can look it up at his website. He's awesome. 

Here's the recipe for it all: 

For the cake : 
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cups cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup butter milk
a pinch of salt
4 1/2 full tablespoons spoons of Nutella 

For the whipped cream: 
I do not have an electric beater so I usually get the 'blue bird whipped cream mix'. It's easy to do and gets ready in maximum in 15 minutes. All you need is 90ml of cold water and a whisk. 

For the cherry sauce: 
I looks this technique up the Internet.
You'll need : 
1 cup full of 'pitted' cherries. 
>pitted- cherries with its seed removed. 
How to? Smash the cherry with the side of your palm, so that it gets soft and cracked into two parts. Take a scissor/toothpick/fork with two teeth pressed together. Scoop out the seed, trying to hurt the cherry as less as you can. 
Ingredients: 
1 cup of pitted cherries
2tbsp of fresh lemon juice 
2tbsp of corn starch 
1 cup of sugar 
3/4th cup of water 
Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan and stir until reduced into a thick sauce, red tinge in color. 

Decorate as it may please you✌🏽️ 
Hope you enjoy this recipe ✌🏽️

Oh and another recommendation would be this lovely Eggless Oreo Cake that I tried off Bakewithshivesh's website along with my friend @titiksharout. Check em out on Instagram, both are awesome accounts ☺️ (I was not asked to give shoutouts😂 I'm just a nice person you know?) 
 



Comments

Popular Posts