Conflict of Identity

// A part of the presentation by students as part of the Gaza 51 workshop at SEA, Bombay.  //

Inconceivable layers 

Washed with every drift 

Where do you begin?

With all the histories in your name, 

You were created before you began to exist 

Dig in with bare nails and empty vessels 

Something new each time 

Constructed, imagined, portrayed, conditioned

With every passer by they change  

Layers in dusty clocks, 

Each tick a different world

A strong wind carries you on, 

Shed some feathers so you can fly along

How did I let you take hold of me? 

The Allure of your voice took over me.
 
It made me whole 

Until the ashes and smoke cleared and I saw 

That we all were being shaped off the same mould. 

In this madness of resonant footsteps 

I stopped to think 

And I heard her say

'But promise me, that away from all these roads

You'll meet me in a an empty field, 

No trees, no grass, no mud

It may not be real, but for a second 

It'll be just you and me. 

Tell me? Does it feel right?  

When I touch you, Does it feel like your own skin? 

Whose voice are you an echo to?

Who do you really know? 

Or are you just alone? 





Comments

Popular Posts