All I wanted was to swim.

 
It's been a while, 
that I've found the storms attractive
Whether it was the rain,
Or the thunderstorms
Whether it was in your heart or mine,
It's been a while that I've tried to chase those tornados 
The terrible kind
Swirling above seas with all the monsters 
Screaming with their tails captured in the swirls
It's been some time 
that I've wanted to feel 
the thrashing of the waves
Against my skin
The salt filling my lungs
Trying to float against the buoyancy
It's been a few or more now
That I've purposely drowned in the sea 
To watch the sunlight seep in through the waves, 
And maybe through your eyes
 
Seeing the albatross fly across from my shaking boat, 
alluring me to some place I dream of 
It's been a while now.
That I've found stormy oceans attractive
And maybe, 
Just maybe 
This year I'll finally learn to swim in them
And come back ashore. 

Comments

Popular Posts