Summer Fields

Have you ever wanted to dance in a field of flowers?
I have been dreaming of a lush warm colored scenic beauty, lately
a place where breath and the air feels like a scent
shooting so fast and so unique through your system,
that it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand
the joy I could find in picking baskets of petals and twigs
carefully touching each, understanding the pricks and the pollens
memorizing the mesmerizing patterns and the perfection of geometry
After years of chasing imperfect, incomplete adventures
maybe I'm finally driving to the one that won't leave my senses
But careful there, you wouldn't want to say that out loud
because once you pick and pick and pick
these flowers out one by one
each passing day one will die
until, the field left barren, the air like a void then
oh universe, what dilemma have you left me in?
you know I'm gonna drive there anyway.



Comments

Popular Posts