Hearing you

I remember when I first met you
You struck me as odd
You were blatantly honest
I remember the next time I noticed you
You were blatantly honest
But this time I didn't walk away
I stayed
And I watched you talking about your life
And since then everyday I hear you
You're still blatantly honest
For me, reading a book is tough at first
It's difficult to even have faith or trust in the words being thrown at me
But as I get to the tenth chapter
I realise that the book has now become a friend
It has shared so many stories with me
It has shown me the lives,
More obstructed than my own
And even though I never lived them
These books, they teach me lessons
As if I was the one who got through them
And such are you,
Like a book about battles
And warriors
About strong woman who stand up
To life each day, breathe, look up
And face the most unexpected plot twists
With vigour, integrity, ferocity and honesty.
You don't even know
How many people have grown in their lives
Just hearing you
Being blatantly honest about your own.
 

Comments

Popular Posts