People inside my head-8



V: Sage? Are you still there?

Sage: Of course I am, where would I go?

V: I just thought, its been so long since we last spoke. I wasn't sure if you'd still be around.

Sage: How are you?

V: I'm strangely good. I took your advice I guess? I'm not sure actually..

Sage: You followed the albatross?

V: Not intentionally, it just happened, I guess it was meant to.

Sage: And? Where did it take you?

V: I don't know what it was called, it wasn't some paradisaical place though. Pretty morbid if you ask me. Dim, tiring. I had a bad feeling the whole journey. Kept imagining the worst. But even though it really was the worst place I could have imagined, after the journey was over, the moment I got off, it wasn't so terrifying to actually be there. It got pleasant.

Sage: Were there any others there?

V: Yeah. At first I thought its just me, but there were, everyone was odd though. It seemed like none of them could actually see me, or each other. Everyone was in their own haze. Their own trip. I don't know why I still felt comfortable that way. Seeing everyone figure themselves out. I did it too I guess, to some extent.

Sage: This place sounds very familiar to where I'm from.

V: Wow really? That's weird. Hah.

Sage: And how do you feel now, back in the grind?

V: Strangely good, lighter, freer. I feel like the pieces that were scattered are now with me, recognized. acknowledged.

Sage: Are you still scared of the albatross then ?

V: Not anymore. It saved me. Maybe that's what its been trying to do all these years, in its own twisted ways. Maybe its meant to keep coming back to help me find myself, sometimes in dark ways and sometimes in bright ways. I can't control that. And I think I'm finally okay with it.



Comments

Popular Posts