Blue Midnights




Didn't think I would stand here
Never believed I would enjoy this
some nights feel good only with the old friends
but these days strangers make me smile too
sitting in the rickshaw
streetlights becoming glowing lines
the sound of laughter staying longer in my ears
when the walls that are mundane make me smile at 1am.
Trying so hard to not stutter and fall
we convince each other, we're fine
as we walk into a room full of lights
our faces turn blue and red
the roaring voices fill up our empty hearts
and for a minute the soul feels present, still
shaking hands and feet, vibrating floors
I've never met you but I like you
and I'll never remember you again
when I wake up from this dream
stay here still staring at me,
we're young and we're wrong
that's what makes this okay
we bash and scream at each other,
today our differences and moralities really don't matter
I stand here in the middle, breathing it all in
before it all falls apart
there's a warmth in my veins,
this is the only moment I always remember
for a second its black and when it lights up again
I see my friends laughing, living and unburdened
wasting our youth away
its past midnight and I never thought I would enjoy being awake this way
I don't know what I've had
but I will in the morning
when we wake up in a mess
I'll still want the warmth all over again

Comments

Popular Posts