Keep it?



I picked up guitars when I was twelve
dropped that act soon
I picked up keys when i was fourteen
dropped that act too
I picked up pens and brushes most often
That love would come and go
I picked up on words
those only accompany me when I need them so
I've realized that I was simply not the person
who could pick and keep
I loved the thrill of finding and learning
but I loved learning all at once, more
a year ago I found you,
for the first time, I picked and held onto
Commitment felt like a long lost friend
that I intended to meet everyday
its been a year now
and the forever that felt as thick
as the core of the earth
never felt as thin before
what am I to do with myself
its only I to blame
should I have known this inevitability?
or should I say no?
I look at you and I remember the glow
But sometimes a sunset everyday feels normal too
what if I outgrew you too?
i'll keep saying no
when we met I believed in destiny
for happiness is easy to relate to destiny
but its normalcy that does not fit,
in the grand plan the universe made for you/us
its youth that brings balance to the mundane and the thrilling
its you that has shown me both
and the time comes now
when I decide to listen
they said if you get through the tough times
with the ones you love
it will last forever
its time to choose
flight or fight?
passion only lasts a quarter of a lifetime,
its practice that diligently holds your hand every day
and so you live to fight another day
pick it up, yourself and them
they are here to stay. 

update: sunsets never get old, you just gotta give it a moment.


Comments

Popular Posts