memories in the well

Saw something similar to how you died, rather how I found you dead
It has me thouroughly riled up
For the last few weeks, I've tied up my grief to make sense of it, somehwere deep inside
As I tried to untangle a whole year of loss
Crossing the threshold of losing your ashes
I felt unable to fathom how time had passed
How untethered and far I felt from you
Yet the images seemed locked within 
Deep inside, in a black well
Images of that horrid day
But it's gotten riled up again
I can feel it stirring up through the blackness
I see it climbing out of the well
I can't breathe 
I feel like I'm living it all over again

Must I always remember seeing your face lifeless? Seeing no soul, no energy, no warmth? 

Must I never escape this hellish imagery?
This hellish trauma?

Comments

Popular Posts