Erasure


I think about you so much 
But I don't think you've ever thought about me 

Lately all I feel is Erasure 
Seasons are changing
But here I stand, unchanged 

I remember it all 
Yet nothing at all 
I feel invisibilised 

I remember everything you did to me
And everything you didn't 

But I don't remember it like my own life

I feel like I'm haunted by the memories of a past life, or a borrowed one 
As if I never lived my own 
Was I just standing through it all? 

I wanna ask you so desperately
Why are you still haunting me? 
When I don't even cross your mind 

Or do I? 
If you ever read this 
Will you tell me? That after all these years, what was between us, mattered to you
That it changed you, like it changed me 

If you ever read this 
Like an unsent text message 
Will you reach out and tell me the truth? 
Maybe then I'd stop having these nightmares 

Comments

Popular Posts