Cities



Can you remember people 

Like you remember cities? 

And can cities be made of just a few people? 

Can some people seem like the memory of an entire city? 

If yes, then this City feels like a ghost town of people that used to live here 

With me, and now - it's just - mostly me

I wonder if I'm somebody's ghost-town too, will you think of me when you think of Bombay? 

The brine, the sea, the sunsets, the sunrise - the dull cloudy days and the humid sun 

The smell of smoke mixed with a melting pot of masalas and multiculturalism 

Art and graffiti alike on the walls and the shop fronts 

The forever under construction city 

Trying to improve but not really making any progress 

The stop and speed limit signs shining in yellow against the black-hole of pot-holes 

Tell me, do you think of me when you see palm trees? Or a pretty colonial building? 

Because I think of all of you, in every crevice of this gigantic city - it's all just you 


Comments

Popular Posts