Artist of the week: Foster the People

Yes, them. I’m sure most of you have heard of them. Because if you haven’t, well you should be ashamed of yourself!  They were formed in 2009 in Los Angeles, California. If you’re looking for songs you can groove at, if you’re a rock person or in love with indie pop, these guys are you dream men*(you get three of them). So far I’ve heard- Life on the nickel, Don’t stop, Houdini, Call it what you want, Helena Beat, Pumped up kicks (the most famous one).
Their songs are not filled up with lyrics but it’s mostly the sounds, my favorite part being the background vocals and instrumentals. The beats are fast paced ones, keeping the listener interested (you would soon find yourself dancing). Although I haven’t checked out the videos, Houdini being an exception, I can confidently say that it won’t make much of a difference if they suck as the songs themselves are enough to impress you. I think for me Houdini stands out, as the music is different for this one and also it has more lyrics compared to the other songs.
They sure are going to be a permanent name in my artist list on iTunes. Make sure they are in yours too.

Comments

Popular Posts