Another enlightening day.

So for a long time I've been looking for a place where I can go and stop thinking, it's pretty impossible, but I've still been trying. I've searched the whole place on long walks to find it but I had no luck, until recently, (not that recent actually, a month ago I guess :P ) Almost a month back I was on my usual walks, the ones I go for to get rid of all the bullshit in life. When I just enjoy my music, and my footsteps and of course everything else around me, I try to find other things to think about and at the same time thoughts about my own life run in the back of my mind, like the sound of the tv coming from the other room when you're sitting doing your own work in some other corner of the house.
Coming back to the point,  a few weeks ago I was walking and I took a different path this time (being bold oh yea B) ) and I was on the main road when something caught my attention. Thanks to the power and range of my -4.5 powered left eye assisted by my spectacles, a narrow street opening into the main road made me stop, "what was so special about it?" You ask (or not. Irrespective I shall answer mwaha){ I know i sound chirpy right ;) using all kinds of brackets and stuff haha, versitality eh:D }
What was special? Well everything about it. It was shining street! I walked towards the light like i was meant to reach here :O , like i was meant to find this spot :O ,like we were destined to meet :O oh my :O and a lot more of 'mysteries of the universe shit'.
It was actually post Diwali time, so a lot of streets were still decorated, but this street, it was like a different level of decoration! When I walked under the trees which had millions of lightbulbs, lanterns, rice lights, vertical shiny tube lights and other sources of light hanging on to it, I felt like I was trapped inside a Christmas tree. It was just beautiful with a different definition.
It's the simple things like this that we see around us almost everyday, that we pass by without noticing that can leave you speechless.
The street was rather clean, unlike any other place in Mumbai, it was deserted, a few cars parked here and there, big buildings and those rich people bunglows on the sides, cool atmosphere because of the trees. Oh yea ! It's unlikely these days to finds road with a lot trees or any greenery at all, they just cut off all natural life to make space for their ugly cement that ends up being full of potholes. So yea this corner of juhu I found was pretty amazing, it was different and pleasant. Obviously a lot of work must have taken to set those lights up in the huge gigantic trees, so I guessing its gonna be here till maybe mid-jan (post New Years) that was they don't have to put up other decorations for Christmas and lets-welcome-2014-day-while-another-year-passes-by day aka 31st December.

It's an amazing street and it's my temporary spot at the moment. It's my place, where I've been going to clear my head and be mesmerised by the breathtaking illumination. I've a visited a couple of times and each time I've managed to take pictures to share with the world. That's it for today.
And also, maybe you didn't notice because of your busy life, maybe you were stuck up with work and problems, maybe your mind was distracted, but I'll remind you, today is 11-12-13. It's almost the last hours now but you can still make it count. Even though it's not that big a deal but think about it. The only day with such a date, with numbers like 11 which is odd, 12 which is well the number of months in year,the number of Hours in half a day, if you're a religious person, 12 has much of significance,
for eg Hercules had  12 labourers, it has some significance in Islam,Hinduism , Judaism and Christianity too, and a lot others, it is astronomically significant too. And as far as 13 is concerned, it's supposed to be a horrifying number, an unlucky number. The point being today is 11-12-13, and this date is incredibly unique, you will never write this date on a form or an experiment date ever again. So I hope you made it memorable. :) 

Comments

  1. Beautiful! Both the words and the pics... :)... And yes, I made my 11/12/13 special.... :D
    we have all types of streets in Mumbai. Some that linger in our memories forever, some that are just faintly remembered.. And some that ignored, and some that become a part of us... :)
    - TJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts