Keep your head up and your heart strong.

I'm sure you've heard those long speeches that start with - "there are two kinds of people in this world..."
and often they are true to some extent, but having  said that, in truth there are many "two kinds" of people in the world (judging by the times its been said by someone).
for eg:-
"There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit." 
"There are two types of people - the ones who love to win and the ones who hate to lose." 
"There are two types of people, those who divide people into two types and those who don't." 
"There are two types of people in the world; those who learn from their mistakes, and those who learn from the mistakes of others."  (for more quotes like these go to>> http://www.cyco-city.com/two_types_of_people.html   because i'm too bored to copy paste them :P )
 But how many times have you heard that and been able to categorize yourself among one of the either kinds?
When i ask myself, I feel like I belong in both the categories or maybe neither. I don't know if that's the general outlook, or unlike me everyone else has it figured out. But today I came up with another category. 
For the last couple of days, with the end of 2013 approaching I've been  thinking about how things have turned out through the year. From a lost wanderer, to someone who was trying to figure shit out, to a little more mature person, to a happy girl with everything perfect in her life, with everything she never imagined she could have, to a person who lost all her hope and belief, in herself and in people, and finally back to a lost wanderer in search for passion, dreams and desire, in search of life, I've had some serious transitions in these last 12 months. And through these 365 days i've had different perceptions and visions of the world. 
During the good times, the normal times, when there was calm in life, i'd walk the streets with my head up high, looking at the world with an open mind and observing. But when the storm would come me way, and everything would seem off balance, when i stop believing in myself, i walk with my head facing the ground. facing the mud roads, the cemented streets, the sidewalks, my head would be facing downwards, maybe because i didn't wanna look ahead, maybe because often i'm scared what path i might find myself on, whether i'd cross it safe and sound, so i look down. and quite recently i've been doing the latter.
But i've decided to let go of my fears, of the sadness pulling me down. I've decided to move forward, i'm not sure if i'm ready yet, but honestly, are we ever ready? to move on to better things in life, to move on to our own self? Are we ever ready enough to let go of fear? No. Because something will always be in the way, you'll be able too move forward when you decide to fight the greatest obstacle of all, and thats you, You standing in your own way, with all your insecurities and past failures and doubts. Irrespective of whether you have the strength to fight the hardest fight that is against yourself, you have to make a decision someday. We cant wait for someones else's decision to be thrown at us, which shapes our future, no, we gotta make the decision, dont wait for time to heal your wounds because its the "best healer", no, make yourself the healer, and get on with life. At least thats what I've decided to do. I dont know where I'll end up, but at least i'm not stuck clinging on to false hope right? 
From the day i made this decision, which was two days back, i noticed a tiny change, maybe its a beginning, i hope it is. I no longer look down while walking. i look up, like i used to. And i capture moments with my eyes that make me smile. It may be the simple things like a mother hiding behind a tree to surprise her kid, getting down the school bus, or it might be goey cheesy couples smiling at each other, or a father making her daughter smile by raising her high up in the air like a plane and her innocent laughter echoing in the traffic sounds. With my head up for one day, i find joy in the little things in the world. As someone once said to me- " You have vision" , maybe i do, if yes, i intend on using it to find something different. Which is the objective for 2014. I hope i continue to look up, keep my head held high and keep my heart strong this coming year. And I hope it lasts.
So ask yourself, this last year or your whole life maybe- Have you looked down to life and walked through the course, looking down focusing on negativity or have you kept your head help up high facing whatever comes your way with courage and faith. If you belong to the first then think about whether you wanna continue the coming year the same way or change it. And if the answer is the latter, then you shouldn't have much to worry about. 
But if you're on the cracked edge like me, falling in both kinds then you better decide. 
I have.

Comments

Popular Posts