Starry nights

There's a weird kind of loneliness that doesn't tend towards the negative curve when you're sitting under the stars on a winter night. Maybe because I'm in the comfort of my hoody and sweat pants or maybe its the light breeze. Maybe its countless stars visible on an odd day when the polluted air decides to be on your side and lets you see the beauty of the undiscovered, but I don't feel lonely at all.
So many lightyears and so many galaxies left to be noticed, that remain untouched. But all those who dream of touching the sky start from here. The sky shows us how limited we make ourselves in this ever expanding unlimited universe. We don't even make half of a dot in this cosmic puzzle. But we all want to be the brightest star.
There's another kind of people who want to reach beyond the sky, call them astronauts or dreamers but they all begin here, Under the starry night sky.
I think we all share this common experience when we stare out at the universe and say "its all too much and too big for me to comprehend".that's the sky Touchers. The ones who may push the limits but never think themselves to be capable enough to go beyond the limits.
But those of us who say "its all too much and too big for me to comprehend, but I'll try" are the space travellers, the explorers.
I wonder if they mock us from their fancy spaceships, when they see how far they are from the messy dot, of which we don't even make 1/16th a part of.
I wonder if its lonely out there, among the blanket of endless possibilities and expanding limits of stars and galaxies. 
On a second thought it is kinda lonely here too.
But being alone and being lonely are very different. Even the brightest stars might be lonely but they aren't alone.
I'm just drunk on the intoxication of the night. And my hands are going numb. Maybe that's why I'm typing so much gibberish. You can sleep now. That's the only place you can dream right? At least without any limits.
good night.

Comments

Popular Posts