A world after you.

There’s a wholeness in everything when I’m with you
It’s not just an internal wholeness 
It’s everything 
After I’ve met you, known you, it feels like there were never enough trees, never enough birds chirping, never enough rain, or at least the right amount that makes an ambience glow.
There were never enough shadows on the street
Like there were too many cars and too less breeze 
Like there was too much Sea and very less Forest 
There was an imbalance to this City.
To my world.
To every place I went.
Which I seemed to enjoy,
until you showed up.
In your warmth, in your arms, in your breath I find all the missing parts of every thing
I find air itself reaching for my lungs and filling it up with not oxygen, but something intangible. 
Something I didn’t know the air even had.
And it’s after I’ve known you, known the wholeness of the universe
That every moment away, departed from you.
Feels breathless
Feels like an elongated period of searching for that chemical component in everything.
It’s like an unstable bond waiting for covalency 
It’s painful and it’s lonely and it’s just not enough without you.
Life has become a 'before you' and 'after you' series of days,
A 'with you' and 'without you' 
An infinite loop, with me in the center of the intersection, never too close and never too far from either end.

Comments

Popular Posts