Gopi Blues

// Open up your heart to me
Let love perform the surgery //

Sometimes I wonder if you will wake up one day and realize you're in love with the wrong person. It'll be an ordinary morning, you won't want to see your phone that day. Or reply to texts from me pending through the night before. It would be a slow day, maybe unusually for a while, it will rain too. You'll look outside while you get ready to start your day and wonder, why the rain is  irking you today. You'll forget to call, maybe not even miss me. A lot of strangers will smile at you that day. Maybe they smile everyday and you don't seem to notice. Maybe you'll smile at someone pretty, maybe you'll wonder what she does? Maybe you're distracted today. You'll be glad it isn't raining anymore. 

Sometimes I wonder if I'll know, when it would happen. Will I notice? Will I sit through it quietly? Will I cry every night waiting for the day you finally don't want to sleep next to me anymore? What if you think I'm a horrible person?

I'm sorry, I know it seems foolish to worry about a love like ours. But someday's fear cripples me and my spirit. 

Comments

Popular Posts