Forgetting

 


What have I gotten myself entangled in?

Am I just pretending that it doesn't hurt to breathe?

I crumble when I'm alone

These car rides and ghost memories across the city

Take me to all the places I've lost

All the futures I dreamt of in these places are gone too

I don't know how to imagine one anymore

This place, I dont belong here

It doesn't make any sense without you

You're less real everyday

Your absence

Its too painful to bear

I feel choked inside

I miss you beyond repair

I wish all these compressed painful shrieks could bring you back

Mum-my, why'd you have to die so young?

You'll never know who I become

I don't think I can ever grow up now

Just as you're stuck at 53, I'm stuck at 22

What do I do?

Am I forgetting you?

Or am I forgetting me?

Isn't that the same thing?


Comments

Popular Posts