who I used to be


I think about you a lot lately
You'd be disappointed to know that I couldn't become who I dreamt of being
Life took too many unfortunate turns you see
If I tell you what they are, would you change it?
Maybe then I'd be more like you 
Firey like the sun
Bright and hopeful 
Fierce and naive 
I miss the potential you had, everything you could do, the little you had to survive
Back then the little things felt like the worse tragedies 
Only if you'd know what would become of our life in half a decades time 
Hold yourself, hold everyone you love close 
They're not around when you become me
I can't tell you who they are, that had to leave
I couldn't bear to see the disappointment you'd feel, if you knew their names
I wish I could be you, again
Even for a day,
I didn't know how I much I loved you then
But I know now, now that you're gone.

Comments

Popular Posts