Imagine


"I cant even imagine"

Wait, hold that thought with me

Why do you think you can't imagine it?

You're made of the same things as me,

You'll lose same things as me.

The human mind has come this far because of our limitless imagination

But somehow, in that vast imagination of yours

You cant seem to accommodate this?

The truth is you can imagine it, 

You really can, if you want to

But you'd rather not try, because its scary isn't it?

The thought of imagining a tragedy that happened to someone else

The thought of loss that happened to someone else

The thought of sickness that happened to someone else

Its seen as this big black cloud, so close to all of us

But you'd rather keep it at bay

Because if you imagine getting close to it,

It might haunt you forever

It might be contagious

The sorrow, the pain, the misfortune.

But it's not that way,

Try imagining it, because as you do

I see your eyes soften, your shoulder loosen up

I see you acknowledge and meet me where I am at

I feel less alone

And for that moment, the heaviness of it all feels manageable

For my reality and for your imagination too.


Comments

Popular Posts