An old friend.

So after cooking and blogging and loads of BastilleVevo videos on YouTube I was checking Facebook for notifications and stuff when I saw a message.  The name kicked in loads of memories of my childhood, loads of them from school to be specific.
The last I remember of her was when I was in third grade. I think I was umm 7. We were in the same class that year . It also happened to be her last year there. I clearly remember her she was this cute milk white fair girl with curly hair. I remember I was fond of her. We were in 3B I think. Yes I'm sure. I wouldn't say we were really close friends, we were just friends. And to be honest back in 3rd grade what did we know about the meaning of close friends anyway.  I remember our class teacher once told us that she would soon be flying to Australia and I was sad and excited at the same time. As a 7 year old hearing that someone was flying abroad seemed pretty cool.
I remember a day before she was gonna leave she had come to visit us. It was break time and we all were playing near the gate when she called out to us. If my memory serves right she was with her grandpa or her dad. I think it was  was her grand dad. Forgive me if I'm wrong. For some reason right now I can see a picture in from of my eyes I think she wore something yellow and pink. It was some 7 years ago I hope I'm right. That's the last I saw her or heard her voice. Since then we all have grown up and had our separate lives in separate parts of the world.
But thanks to the wonders of technology and internet we still shared a teeny tiny connection through Facebook. I remember recently noticing she was also a fan of the popular tv show supernatural through some post we both had liked.
So coming to the message,I had recently kinda publicised this blog after the post- just another festival day. And surprisingly I had got quite a lot of positive reviews from my friends. I don't think anyone of them expected the kind of things I write here from the person they know me as. But today I didn't quiet blog about the deep stuff that I usually do,just a simple food post. The whole day I kept thinking of doing something myself that would inspire me to write a blog post. But I just didn't find any such event or activity that could lead to something amazing. Until I read her message. She introduced herself and reminded me of the fact that she was once my classmate in case I don't remember her. And then she said that she had been reading my posts and that she liked them and thought I was a good writer. She also happened to compliment my taste in music which came by as a surprise because usually people say its different or are surprised that I listen to bands like the ones I listen to.
That message really made my day.i mean the whole day I kept looking for something I could do to get inspiration for a blog post. But sometimes it's the things other people say or do that make us do things that we couldn't find the right push to do. I think I smiled for about ten minutes before I thought of blogging about it. And you know what this is why I blog. It's not just place where I express myself without fear, it's not just a place I vent out, it's a place that I hope people find, a place where they find thoughts that are familiar to them. That make them feel better, or something they can relate to.And when I hear people appreciating it it really makes me happy. That is why I write,not be appreciated yes that feels good, but because it's somehow gives me happiness that people are understanding maybe even going through the same. So yea when I put all my heart into writing this blog even one sentence about it makes my day, it inspires me to write more. Thanks a lot DB for that message.. :)

Comments

Popular Posts