The next day.

So its officially diwali. I just finished putting out the lit diyas with dad. Burnt my finger in the process ;) no worries. Coming to the point the picture you see is one of the favorite objects in the house.
Its basically a sorta silver candle stand with spaces in between that are shaped like flowers. Its been three years since I got this as a gift and I wait for the evening to light it up.
Its just so beautiful. The way the candle just stands there undisturbed, untouched  and protected. The flame hardly ever moves. Just so firm. Like even the strongest wind can't affect it. In the darkness of the room the way the shadows just blend in is amazing. And I have just been staring at it sitting here for about half an hour, even as I type.
Even though at this moment there are a lot of crackers bring burst and causing a lot if noise. I still feel calm. Its weird how just simple things like a candle can make me so peaceful. Just makes me forget all the things in my head. And just be here in this moment. Undisturbed at peace. With myself. :)

Comments

Popular Posts