The world is full of magic, you just have to believe in it.

Today is important. It's the most important day of your life. Of our lives. And you know what's the best part? Today is everyday.

Like you read above today was important. The reason I'm about to give might sound absurd or funny , but if you understand the depth of the statements I'm gonna be typing soon you'll know why. 
My day was pretty much like the last couple of days. You wanna know how they were in case you're jobless you can read the previous posts. Yea so until one of my college friends told me that today was gonna be the last episode of a very special show (in India, since everything is pretty fucking late in India). This show is called ONE TREE HILL. I'm sure many of you have heard of it and loved it. Because I have. From the first episode to the last its been an incredible long 9 seasons. And often ppl ask what's the show about? 
Well at first it was about two brothers and their relationship. But as the show progressed so much in the statement has changed. Its not just a show. It was everything. About everyone. It was just people very normal ppl in a small town living small lives with big hopes and dreams. Surrounded by a small group of ppl family and friends and acquaintances, all very important. They go through the shit everyone does. They have the same problems as everyone.  They have fights, issues, dramas, loss, achievement, happiness, struggle everything everyday, one thing at a time. Does that sound familiar? It is because I just described a normal persons life. My life. Your life. 
That's what is so amazing about this show. Every life every character was either relatable to your own
self or someone you knew. Everything they went through, they went through to. And that's why people loved this show so much. It was about us. About life. And how these young school kids through all the growing up and issues and problems and hormones bloom into such amazing young men and women with incredible lives they always dreamt of. 
And the last episode that i just saw gave me so much peace. A right happy end to long long journey. And the things they said in the episode gave me hope.
Through the episode they did flashbacks of how the characters were and what they wanted when the show started off. And then they would realise how they are after 10 years in the same place living the dreams and the words they said once. Here are some quotes by the characters. The last lines they said.

“It's the oldest story in the world. One day you're 17 and planning for someday...and then, quietly, and without you ever really noticing...someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life.” ~Nathan Scott
“If you had a friend you knew you'd never see again...what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love...what would it be? Say it. Do it. Don't wait. Nothing lasts forever.” ~Brooke Davis
“We spend so much time wanting, pursuing, wishing. But ambition is good. Chasing things with integrity is good. Dreaming. As long as the chase doesn't diminish what we already have. The goodness we take for granted, the people we take for granted. The lives we take for granted.My life is good." ~Haley James Scott
“It doesn't matter how you plan it. It doesn't matter how you envision it. Without even knowing it, sometimes life has a way of finding you...with exactly what you need. Or exactly who you need. ~Quinn

It’s funny how our past frames us; how the person we used to be never lets loose of the person we are. Past failures and disappointments, even victories take hold of us. They haunt us like ghosts, or visit us like old friends. ~Julian 

“Make a wish and place it in your heart. Anything you want. Everything you want.”– Mouth
“Do you have it? Good. Now believe it can come true.”-Millie
"You never know where the next miracle’s gonna come from.”–Quinn
“The next memory. The next smile. The next wish come true.”–Clay
“But if you believe that it’s right around the corner.”–Chase
“And you open your heart and mind to the possibility of it. To the certainty of it.” –Chris Keller
“You might just get the thing you’re wishing for.”–Skills
“The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it.”–Julian
“So make your wish. Do you have it?”–Brooke Davis
“Good. Now believe in it.”–Nathan Scott
“With all your heart.”–Haley James Scott
After watching one tree hill I decided something, that no matter how my life turns out and where I end up, I will come back, to Mumbai, to the street I live on. I'll walk the lanes, I'll visit my school,  and I'll see myself growing up all over again as if it happened yesterday, I'll see myself in a stranger walking on the same street. And I'll smile, no matter how I ended up. I will smile. I'll try to remember all the things I thought about and all the people who along this journey of life became important to me. And I'll try to remember my journey with them from the first time I met them to now. And I'll smile to how far I've come from that 15 year old girl who started blogging [and hopefully still does then ;) ] to now/then.
All the above lines did make my horrible week a teensy bit better. I still have hope. I'm gonna keep wishing and believe that it'll be true. That there's a way to be happy again. Because nothing lasts for ever, and if you have something to say to the people you love, you care about, say it today. Because today is very special and it won't come again. Without you even knowing it it'll pass by and it will become your yesterday. And all the things you keep clogged up in your head for that someday, do it now because someday will be too late. If you want someday to be happy, find your way to happiness now, today. Without any regrets. 
So everyone out there reading this, try to ignore the fact that i sound totally TV obsessed and think about whatever I said. Whatever they said. Do what you want to do. What makes you happy, think of all the people who have made you smile, who have made you laugh, think of how you met them and how far you've come, go meet an old friend you lost touch with , go tell your parents you love them, stop analysing your life and start living it. In all our problems and worries we forget the main thing. To live. Because we are lucky to have this life. And life is lucky to have you, so make every damn day worth it. Take risks, make mistakes, fix them, enjoy, stop worrying so much about the future, live in the moment, because your today makes your tomorrow. 

Comments

  1. Thank you so much... Brought tears to my eyes & opened them to see a fresh ray of hope..... :)
    - TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it TJ. Means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts